Thursday 1 January 2015

Would you like to sit in the corner?


No I bloody well wouldn't. At the best of times no one knows what to do with the lone female. You are often asked "would you like to sit in the corner? And this just happened to me at breakfast! I've now splashed out and am staying in a huge beautiful hotel in Mysore, my room is so huge it has a desk, air con and mini bar. Believe me this is not my usual travel style, but a treat for the end of my travels. As the Indian economy improves and the wealth of individuals increases then their aspirations do in line with this. This hotel is full of affluent Indian tourists, which is great to see, but also a tour of dizzy elderly Americans, who judging from their comments really should not have been allowed past passport control. Would I like to sit in the corner? No way, I want to be in the centre of it all!!!  Actually I would prefer to be in my usual class of hotel, where they knew my name, talked to me as a person and not just a the guest of room 115, and were not bound by the rules! Don't worry, I'll make the most of my time here, must dash as my personally cooked omelette has just been delivered to my table along with my requested cold coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment