Friday 15 December 2017

Where's my glasses?


How often do you check your bag before you go - camera, wallet, shopping bag and phone - check. However it's unexpected when you loose things along the way, especially when a monkey steals your glasses! Vrindavan is full of monkeys, living mostly in harmony with people. They have however learnt to take things, knowing that they will get fed as a reward for returning them. I was walking along the dusty road by the Yumana River when I felt a heavy clunk on the head and quickly realised that a monkey had swung over and stolen my glasses. I was panic stricken and screamed for help.... and a couple came to my rescue. Luckily a fruit seller was approaching and they got two tomatoes and another guy threw them at the monkey, who thankfully abandoned my glasses and made off with the fruit. What a shock, and what probably only took five minutes felt like such along time .... and the relief afterwards was huge. I'd only spent 20 rupees to get my precious glasses back and they firmly stayed in my bag until I left town!!

1 comment: