Friday 21 December 2018

Scream if you want to go faster


I haven’t been on a fairground ride for years, and as we headed out to the night market in Jalore and spotted a huge swinging ship ... of course our initial  thoughts were an absolute no to go on, but if Kamlesh’s nine year old cousin was prepared to go, then so should we. So on the opposite side of the boat was a large group of women, one holding a baby. Even on the first swing I clung on tight, and quickly clamped my eyes shut and screamed as the swung back and forth reaching 180 degree swings, leaving our seats as we descended. For what felt like an eternity, with a bruise forming on my inner arm I clung on .... a girl opposite was standing at the back squealing with joy, countering my squealing with fear, at last it stopped and we stepped off the rickety stairs and laughed with relief, as even the boys admitted their fear.  Never again, but we were proud to have successfully fired three shots each on a rifle at the entrance, bursting the tiny coloured balloons. Much to the onlookers amazement we both hit 3 out of 3 targets each, sadly no prize other than our pride! 

No comments:

Post a Comment