Tuesday 22 November 2022

Emergency haircut

 Living in the small micro climate in Cornwall, we never experience the extremes of heat. Rarely is there snow and frost and even in the extreme summer heat experienced this year when some of the country was baking in 40 degrees, we were in late 20’s. It’s been quite an adjustment to acclimatise to 33 degrees heat and very high humidity. My Thai friends were really alarmed at seeing sweat pouring off my arms! I was not made for such warm climes, so yesterday I headed to a fab hairdressers in the old town and got a great short Bob haircut. Now I feel cooler, and added an interesting day to the salon, when a large sweaty farang (Thai for foreigner) appeared, motioning with her scissor fingers to cut off loads of hair. 

For the majority off my trip I will be north, eventually heading to Chiang Rai and the Northern Hills of Thailand, so might even need my fleece again - I hope so! 

No comments:

Post a Comment