Thursday 17 November 2022

What a warm welcome

 The reason for coming back to Thailand now is to mark the 25th anniversary of me having worked here and undertaken some amazing project visits with Help Age International. Here I met Match and Bea at the central office in Chiang Mai mid 1997 and with Match embarked on incredible adventures of visiting a lepar colony, hill tribes where they had only ever seen one other white person, and other local projects. 

Apparently I have not lost my enthusiasm or zeal for life! And I am so proud to have these wonderful women as friends, along with Ou, who lodged with me in London whilst she completed her MA at SOAS. Our reunion is going to be fun, as we have not been altogether since my last trip to Thailand 11 years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment