Wednesday 21 April 2010

Now sit back and relax ........

So Sunday was an organising day and I have now booked all my Indian train trips - major achievement in itself!  Monday was spent mostly queuing at the Indian visa office in Kathmandu to gain permission to re-enter india.  And Yesterday it took 8 hours to get to Pokhara, as there were vehicle problems littering the winding road.  One lorry had just broken down in the middle of the road, a bus had turned on its side, a petrol tanker was having to be towed, a truck and gone into a house and all making for a slow but interesting journey in my non a/c local bus.
Still I am now having a mini break within my break and relaxing by the lakeside and soaking up some lovely sun.     Again the changes here are huge from when I was here 16 years ago. Many more hotels, shops and restaurants, but with that comes choice and I joined some fellow travellers last night for some Nepal Ice beers (7%hurrah!) and the most amazing pizza - great choice! 
Must dash I am very busy relaxing! Am sitting on my balcony and can see the amazing Annapura mountain range now coming into view from behind the clouds!

No comments:

Post a Comment