Tuesday 11 May 2010

Along the right tracks

My time came to leave the mountains and to head back to flatter lands.  Just escaping the rains and literally living in the clouds means that I needed to head to Varanasi where it will be boiling hot.  
Now came the real adventure test - my first solo train travel and luckily my wait listed unconfirmed ticket was confirmed at the last minute and I had a second class ac sleeper - fantastic as it turned into an eighteen hour journey!!!  I stated talking to a couple just before boarding and ended up in the bunk above the wife.  Whilst watching the Indian landscape change through our window, we chatted all day and it was a brilliant opportunity to learn, discuss and share so much and what could have been a long lonely journey was completely changed.  Travelling is not just about what you see, but even more memorable often is infact who you meet along the way.   

No comments:

Post a Comment