Friday 7 May 2010

Election Fever

I must admit that I was looking at the BBC news this morning before the power cut stopped my viewing. Talk of a hung parliament, people not able to vote, high turnouts, atleast I got my neighbour to cast my vote, as every one counts. I will have to wait until this evening, when power is back to see what has happened.

Before I head back to the heat of the lower plains of Varanasi I have moved to an amazing hotel and really feel like the Queen of the Raj. Staying at Cochrane Place in Kursoeng, again I seem to be the only foreigner, as this area is full of Indians escaping the heat of Calcutta and the south. I have an amazing room with views of tea plantations surrounding me along steep mountain sides and of course have just treated myself to a lovely cup of tea and banana cake.

Will visit one of the near by plantations tomorrow morning and hope to see some tea pickers in action and hope to taste the brew after wards.

No comments:

Post a Comment