Wednesday 5 May 2010

Am I more interesting than a tiger?

Not a question that I have ever had to pose myself before and I can imagine your responses. However, I can confirm that in India I am infact more interesting than a tiger! Today at the zoo, despite the tiger pacing around its enclosure I can confirm that more people took photos of me, perhaps I should start charging!

I was up at 3.30 this morning and jeep bound for Tiger Hill to see the sunrise, which was great. When I headed back to town the clouds had cleared and I was able to see some of the Himalayan mountain range, which dominates the sky line here, so that was fantastic.

I am heading out of Darjeeling tomorrow to go to a lower hill station, as I must admit that the heights and drops here are mind blowing. It has been brilliant to visit here, great tea, and interesting sights. A Tibetan Refugge centre and the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, where Sherpa Tenzing was cremated, as he spent most of his life here. Also I visited a very old monastery and there was a funeral going on - so that added to a cultural experience as well.

Will report back in when I am at my next destination of Kursoeng, surrounded by tea plantations, so I look forward to yet another good cuppa!

No comments:

Post a Comment