Tuesday 20 December 2011

Patience is a virtue 

Eventually the train started 7 hours later than scheduled. Luckily after a late dinner on board I slept and slept and slept. You couldn't even see the landscape past by, as it was covered in fog, resulting in the train just creeping along. No one knew quite how long our delays were and we just sat and dozed and drank tea from our flasks.  I was so glad that I had reserved the bottom bunk, as I could stretch out and relax.   Eventually after midday  disappeared then by three we knew we were so far behind.  I eventually got to Gaya junction at 8pm, stretching an 11 hour overnight trip to     a numbing 21 hour marathon.   Arriving at Gaya brought the usual chaos, a surge of auto rickshaw drivers wanting my custom. I took the one offering the quoted price by my hotel and sat for 40 mins for the cold and windy journey to Bodh Gaya. Upon Arrival  I felt that I deserved a medal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment