Friday 17 November 2017

Nightmare on the M3 - fancy a lift?

Now that I live in far flung Falmouth, just getting to Heathrow is a huge logistical challenge, unlike before when I lived in London and it was 30 minutes away in a taxi. So yesterday I worked half a day, drove four hours to Winchester and stayed with a friend, inching ever near Heathrow. 

What was meant to be a relatively short coach journey to the airport turned sour when I was dropped off at the coach stop by my friend's husband and quickly got chatting to a woman who looked frozen cold. Turns out her 2pm coach to Heathrow was an hour and a half late and still no sign of arriving, so lordly knows where my 3.30pm coach was. Luckily her son-in-law drove up and they offered me a lift  -hurrah !!!! Turns out me and Angela are in the same flight to Delhi .... what a coincidence. So I've arrived here in style and celebrating with a cool pint of Guinness. Let the adventure begin. Cheers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment