Tuesday 25 December 2012

And all be upstanding for the national anthem


 

Just to escape the afternoon heat I headed to the 3d screening of the life of pi and was amazed that the screening was on English with no subtitles. For just over a pound I joined the Sunday afternoon cinema goers and got my 3d glasses as I took my seat in the middle of the stalls and yet again not another traveller in sight. Just as they do in Thailand before the trailers start you have to stand up for the national anthem. 
The next day I embarked on another six hour journey heading north to the pilgrimage town of Pyay. I was lucky enough to be sat next to a someone who lives in Pyay and spoke really good English, so we chatted for a lot of the journey, but as all warm buses make you do, there was a lot  of snoozing as well! 
The scenery was beautiful, with palm trees and rice fields and scattered towns and villages along the way. 
Eventually we get to the bus station and hilariously i had to squeeze my large western arse into a tiny side car seat and cling on as I was precariously cycled through the city to reach my new temporary home - the lucky dragon hotel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment