Tuesday 23 December 2014

Photographers heaven


Incredible India, you never know what is round the corner, but I bet you want to take a photo of it! I have been overwhelmed by the number of volunteers to have their photo taken. Each day I am setting a photographic assignment and today was shadows. So after a night train to Madurai I checked into myhotel and slept, showered and had breakfast before heading into the bustling centre to see the amazing Meenakshi Annam Temple in the heart of town, dominating the centre with four huge colourful gigantic towers. The pilgrims, worshippers and devout line the streets and wait patiently for the 4o'clock gate opening. Surrounding the temple are quieter non traffic roads and after heading to the market, set on an ancient temple I perplexed the stall holders by just taking photos of the feet and shadows of passers by. It's great to take a breathe in the chaos of the streets and concentrate to get a great result!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to have thematic days! I look forward to viewing the feet shots.

    ReplyDelete