Monday 16 December 2019

Are you going to India to find yourself?

There’s something about travelling in India that makes people think you’re either running away from something or going to discover yourself (as I was joking asked after a work meeting recently). I honesty think that I’ve done the most discovery about me over my last three years settling in Cornwall.  There has been both challenge and really changing times, more than choosing where I’ll have a thali in the evening! And I don’t think London Sarah would recognise Cornwall Sarah, enjoying sea swimming, walking coastal paths and making the most of what’s on my door step. That’s change! 

Here in India you are challenged daily on a different level, frustration when things so slightly wrong, or you’re bogged down with beurocracy.  I was absolutely unable to book another train to replace the one I had booked on and was unable to take due to my flight change.  On Saturday every train was full with a wait list - that was frustrating. There’s 1.2 billion people here and so it’s never really quiet, so I took the bus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment