Wednesday 18 December 2019

No meat, no booze, no plate, no cutlery

Coming to India is my detox, it feels easy to give up on what I’m used to indulging. So firstly no meat .... Hindus are strict vegetarians, and most times there’s not a meat or non-veg option. Plus the food is so delicious who needs meat? Then there’s the booze. Shocking as it may seem, I’ve really cut down, so a month without booze will be good, and it’s often more difficult to find, as most of the population, Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, are totally tea total. 

Then no plate, this doesn’t happen all the time, but great when your food is served on a banana leaf. Here in the south it happens more, and I tend to eat at more local restaurants. Hence no cutlery ... it’s a challenge to only eat with your right hand, but it makes you savour your food more.  Can’t lie, I’m relieved when I’m given a spoon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment