Sunday 11 December 2022

Getting around Bangkok

 My lonely planet guide book to Bangkok, has a tuk tuk on the cover and of course this was the first mode of transport I wanted to take. It just feels so exotic and yet absolutely completely terrifying to be clinging on to the tuk tuk as it at travels at breakneck speed wending its way through the chaotic traffic, as if it could never put on its break. 

In absolute contrast, you then have the cool and calm skytrain, looking down on the hectic busy streets, as you travel in the most air-conditioned carriage to your next destination. On each block of seats, there is one special chair with a number of images on it to show who it’s reserved for. So number one, a monk an elderly person, unless abled person or a pregnant lady or in my case a sweaty Farang who just needed to sit down. 

Getting the bus was fun and at least I was with my fantastic local Bangkok friend Ou to guide me through and lastly, there is the wonderful Metro system, taking us deep underground under the streets of Bangkok. 

Didn’t have time to take a motorbike taxi, I’ll save that for next time but above all I do love a crazy tuk tuk ride!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment