Sunday 11 December 2022

The invisible traveller

 In my head when I’m travelling, I’m still in my mid 20s. My rucksack now has wheels for ease, but I still bound around with relentless enthusiasm to discover new places in a new things.

The hilarious reality is that now and a middle-aged woman sitting at the back of the bus, not jostling in the centre with the other young travellers anymore, who look at me like their mum has just come on holiday. 

Really guys you know idea  - I’ve been doing this for decades and will continue to do so, however now it’s just at a slightly slower pace. My arch supports in my shoes are much needed and I’m embracing the gentrification of the High Street here and nipping into airconditioned coffee shops for a well earned break from the 32 degree humid heat that supposed to be winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment