Saturday 10 December 2022

I own the coffee shop

 As tourist numbers rise slowly it great to be travelling again. As Thailand is so reliant on tourism within its economy it was hot so hard during lockdown. The van I got to take me to Bea’s house from the bus station was having problems with its battery etc and we must have been such a hilarious sight as me and a couple of old guys were pushing the songthew in the bus station to start it! Our efforts were in vain and it needed a jump start to bring it to life! The driver said it hadn’t got any use during lockdown

It’s wonderful to meet up with friends and be tourists with them. Getting local knowledge and be the recipient of their fab day trip planning is a breeze!. We were in need of an iced coffee in the heat of the day and popped it to one by the university. I was chatting to one of the staff who was telling me that she had completed her Marketing Masters in Leeds and was interested to hear about my travels. We talked about her time in Leeds and I joked about why she was now working in a coffee shop, and her reply was I own it! I completed her on her slogan of ‘it’s a brewtiful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment