Tuesday 6 December 2022

I’m so dizzy

 I’m so dizzy, my head is spinning like a whirlpool! My journey southbound has begun and I’ve completed the first leg from Mae Hong Son back to Chiang Mai. Crikey those roads are a thrill a minute, but the scenery is spectacular. 

There’s always an air of mystery on a long bus trip, and you have to plan carefully. How many tiny sips of water can to take before you are desperate for a wee? When will we stop? Surely the driver is driving crazy fast? So many questions! 

Our driver drove at breakneck speed and we only had one 10 min loo stop, but it meant that the journey was completed in 6 hours, which was great. 

I’ve been so spoilt this trip with friends driving me round, so my quest on arriving at Chiang Mai bus station was to get to my friend’s house, just outside the city perimeter. So two drivers said no and the third agreed, but his van battery was knackered after such little use over lockdown, so me and a couple of old guys had to give him a push start - what a sight at the bus station! 


No comments:

Post a Comment