Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy new year!!!!

For the first time in my adult life I slept through midnight - but luckily was woken by a call full of new year cheer. This rainy first day of 2012 is a travel day for me and I will celebrate it in Agra. Hoping that it won't rain again, as it was pouring last night and this morning.  Luckily I was sheltered in the train station waiting for the 5 1/2 hour late train.  Yet again I'm the only tourist at the station, but as always find a really helpful guy who points me in the right direction of where to wait for the correct carriage. And two hours later I'm in bustling Agra having lunch on a cafe rooftop with a view of the Taj - not bad for New Years Day.  Back to Agra, sadly still polluted, with open sewers and constantly smelling of piss at every street corner, but where there is the most famous monument to love in the world!!! Again Incredible India, where else can you walk out of your guest house and follow a camel along to your restaurant of choice in the evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment