Sunday 1 January 2012

Off to Gwalior and off again 

Head into my new years eve destination of Gwalior and immediately hate it.  Suddenly the hustle and bustle of town live feels overwhelming, as I have been in small towns all the time after leaving Delhi. I head to the fort and start to climb the really steep road to the top.  Rewarded by a great view of the city and the fine ruins of the palace I slowly descend on the opposite side on the vehicle road.  Along here there are huge Buddha statues carved in the rock side - amazing!  It's so interesting to see how Buddhism spread across India.  Then decide that I need to head to Agra, as this city really isn't that appealing. So I then head to the train station to get a ticket for tomorrow.  Cannot believe that it is not possible to buy a ticket for the next day, if the journey is under 200 kms, without joining the enormous reservations queue, so I head to a travel agent round the corner and I get one - money always brings a solution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment