Friday 4 January 2013

No sorry inle lake is full



The massive increase in visitors to Myanmar has left popular towns drowning with tourists and not having enough accommodation.  Last year one million visitors came to Bagan, an increase from the previous annual figure of three hundred thousand! Now the government has passed a law to allow tourists to sleep on the monastery  floor if they cannot find accommodation. 
The government has also forbidden motorbike taxis in many cities, so it is pedal power that rules. 
I spent my first afternoon in Mandalay at a travel agency sorting out my passage and accommodation at Inle lake, as new year has meant that this really is peak season. It's all down to mrs jasmine to sort this out whilst I have a race to catch sunset at the amazing ubein bridge, Another photographers paradise!!! 

If you want to catch up on my pictures of the trip and we are not connected on Facebook then follow me on Instagram - I'm listed as SHertzog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment