Friday 4 January 2013

Only one?


And that's the question that I have been asked the most on my travels!!!  I think that there are so many tour groups that pass by and I can definitely see for myself that there are not many solo independent travellers that you do stick out, but it also opens up so much opportunities.
Even in the second largest city, Mandalay where tourists flock I was asked this all the time. 
Getting lost in the back streets here was amazing, I even balanced a whole tray of food on my head - clinging on with my hands for stability, but the women can carry this with ease without holding on to it.     Mandalay is a big commercial town, which is disappointing in first arrival, but like anywhere else you walk away for the centre and explore small temples, drink tea with the locals and travel on the back of motorbike taxi's, racing through the traffic lightless four way junctions all across the grid system in the city - truely terrifying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment