Monday 23 December 2019

Madam you cannot leave

I alternate between paying for or withdrawing cash between my credit card and my travelex cash card. To pay my hotel bill in Munnar it was the turn of the cash card. I popped in my PIN number and the machine didn’t issue a receipt, it just ran out of battery. I popped to an atm to check the balance, and was sure that it has gone through, and then just headed to bed saying to the manager that I’d check in the morning, as he was panicking as the money was not in his bank! 

So by morning the transaction was still pending, according to my  travelex app and I was told that I couldn’t leave Munnar until it had gone through!!!  We tried ringing travelex to no avail, as the manager ran out of credit on his phone, so we headed in to the town bank for a quick meeting with the bank manager. Luckily sense prevailed and he reassured them that it would go through within 24hours and I was duly waved off at the bus station with smiles and relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment